Friday, January 27, 2012

Inquiring Minds Want To Know?????

I'm always on the hunt for a good book or study or teaching that is out there. I try every January to make a book list for the coming year, most years I never read the whole list! I thought I would share a few books that I have read lately, a couple of them I read a while back and have re-read them. Also a couple of teachings and devotionals. Would love to hear from you what are a few of the books, studies, devotionals, that you would recommend.

Books:
The Red Sea Rules by Robert J. Morgan
They Found the Secret by V. Raymond Edman
One.Life Jesus Calls, We Follow by Scot McKnight
Grace For the Good Girl by Emily Freeman
Invitation To Solitude and Silence by Ruth Haley Barton

Teachings:
Jonah by Priscilla Shirer (I didn't do the workbook, just watched the teaching DVD's)
Wrecked Not Ruined by Beth Moore (this is a teaching done on Life Today with James and Betty Robinson and is a 5 part teaching done in November and December) lifetoday.org

Devotionals:
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
A Lamp Unto My Feet by Elisabeth Elliot

Ok, if you have a minute would you leave me a comment and let me know what you are reading or a teaching series that you think is really good, or a devotional that you reach for that really speaks to you. Can't wait to hear your responses!!! Thanks for taking the time.

Blessings,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I am reading Counterfit gods right now by Timothy Keller and it really is amazing and so challenging. I also read Radical by David Platt which of course was so good and challenging. I want to read GOSPEL by J.D. Greear (my pastor). That is next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently reading {W}hole by Lisa Whittle, The Secret on Ararat by Tim LaHaye/Bob Phillips, and doing the Bible study on James by Beth Moore.

    ReplyDelete