Friday, February 10, 2012

Love Is In The Air

Valentines are everywhere! I have been working in a florist shop for this biggest of all seasons for flowers. It has been fun to be surrounded by red roses, pink roses, carnations, tulips, chocolates and gifts wrapped in red and white paper. I have helped husbands and boyfriends as they struggle to send just the right thing to the one they love. The best part is when I ask, “and how would you like your card to read, sir?” Most are very sweet; some are direct and to the point and some I must admit are a little steamy! The steamy ones usually are over the phone, if they were face to face, I would be the reddest thing in the room!! The cards have the usual “Happy Valentines Day” or a beautifully written “Love” at the top. There is one that says, “Be Mine”; I like that one the best. Somehow the words, Be Mine communicate much more to me; they say “I want you”, “we are together”, “we belong with each other”.

God’s valentines are all around us and run through His word like a brightly colored scarlet thread. He is always expressing His love to us. One of those red ribbon verses is Isaiah 43:1; I drop my name within its rich content. I have the verse written on a 3x5 card and like a little girl preparing valentines; I took my red sharpie and put red hearts all around it. This valentine, these words of belonging, sit propped on my kitchen window sill. It is His valentine to me. I read it every morning….and can’t help but smile! It reads;

“But now, Kimberly, the Lord who created you says, “Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by name; you are MINE.”

His valentine….
His love…..
His redemption…

I am relishing in the reality of relationship. Even with all my faults and prone to wander ways, He looks at me and says, “Mine”!

How deep…how wide…how great…is the love of God?

Overwhelmed,
Kim

Ephesians 3:17-19 NLT

And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how big, and how deep His love really is.”

1 comment: