Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Melting Soul

After days of bitter cold, ice, snow, and darkness, this morning the sun has peeked out from behind the clouds and what do I hear? Birds!  They have been non-existent for days, hiding somewhere. Yet with one glimmer of the sun's warmth, they begin to sing their song.  It seems to me even louder than a few days ago.  How often my soul is in that place of winter's hold; where it seems to me that my very being has frozen and is held in a place of winter stillness. These moments are usually because of my own selfishness, sin, and or the barrage of hardness that lies around me.  And yet, in Father's economy He uses even my cold condition to remind me of warmer days.  I begin to long for those moments of sunshine.  He brings to my remembrance sweet moments in His presence; with melting soul and sweet song, because of being with Him.  His remembrance is not only in things behind but serves as a prompter to engage me in what lies ahead, and urges me to leave the frozen soul tundra.

Where are you friend?  Sometimes we need people to ask us, where we are! Is your soul like frozen ground?  Are the days that you are walking in difficult and causing your soul to grow cold?  He whispers to us... COME.  That's all, just come.  Come into His presence.  Come to a place of melting.  That is always His invitation to us.  There are no other conditions and no expiration date on His invitation.  It could be five minutes or five hours.  The stilling of one's self, tipping your head toward heaven, and saying; "You asked me to come, here I am, and I know I need You."

His presence, like the sun, will breakthrough.  And, like the birds, the warmth will cause you and me to sing. Oh maybe just inside of you at first, then you might begin to hum.  But with enough exposure to His light and warmth you will begin to sing.  That will look different on all of us, but your soul's response to His touch is to praise Him.

The snow and ice lie all around me, but it's me that has been changed.  Just like tomorrow will not borrow sunshine from today.  We must not live on borrowed Son-shine, always learning to sit long and often.  The mark of a mature woman of God is not that she gets it or that she has arrived at a place revelation.  No, a mature woman sees her need more quickly and runs more swiftly to her source, the One who says, "COME".  This is a lifetime pursuit.

There is much in my life that lies around me as snow and ice; those situations that seem to be held frozen and unyielding.  Those that have not been warmed by the Redeemer's...Healer's...or The Truth's touch.  I'm learning to recognize faster when those cold winds begin to blow against my soul and run to the invitation of; "COME".  Like a cozy fire, or a heavy quilt, or a hot cup of something delicious, the invitation is like an outstretch hand that is so inviting it compels me to draw near.  And, I begin to know my soul is melting and loosening itself from the grips of things that pale in comparison to the warmth that is found in Him.

His invitation to come; Matthew 11:25-30, Isaiah 55:1-2, Psalm 73:28
Still learning,
Kim






No comments:

Post a Comment