Thursday, January 21, 2016

Lessons In Trusting

TRUST

Its a word we use, it sounds spiritual, and to be sure it is spiritual.  But the spiritual part comes not by speaking the word in trite sentences or pat answers,  but in living the word and wrestling around in the mud with the word. It means to be attached to something secure, to be confident, to rely on, a sense of well-being which results from knowing the rug won't be pulled out from under you. And yet, it does feel like the rug is being ripped out from under you when you have to "trust".  The well being comes from knowing that what is being laid down on is not a rug.
something...
Someone...
much more substantial than a rug.

IN THE LORD

All of who He is and all of what He is capable of doing. That's what we lay down on, that is trust, that is well-being.  When we get into bed at night, we never ask ourselves, "I wonder if the bed is going to hold me up tonight?" No, we climb in and never give it a thought.  A laying down without question of "if " I'm going to be held.
O, you and I are going to be held!

WITH ALL MY HEART

With all of who I am. All of my mind, all of my emotions, and all of my physical body.  All of me is to lay down on all of Him.

In recent days as He has offered me more lessons in trusting. I have chewed on these words and wrestled with trust again.  As I have been practicing the laying down part and rehearsing the all of who He is part, He has spoke to me gently and peace has replaced fear. To be sure the lesson will continue and I'm not sure it will ever be easy or look pretty.  Lessons in trusting come to us in all sorts of packages.  Some packages are harder to unwrap than others. It really is never about the package but about the One handing it to us.


Still learning to abide and to trust,
Kim

Words to chew on, words to lay down on....
Proverbs 3:5-6, Isaiah 26:3-4, Jeremiah 17:7-8, Psalms 61:1-2, Psalms 9:10, Psalms 13:5, Psalms 56:3

No comments:

Post a Comment